Saturday, January 4, 2014

Killing Bugs

MacPaint on Macintosh System 2.0
ZTerm on System 7.1

Click "Read more" for details...
After some bug fixes and various tweaks to my test code, the lwip program I compiled actually loads on System 7.1! It promptly crashes the 128K running some early System version and even crashes on the SE running System 6.0.8. I think this could be because of the -model far option. I can't take a screen-shot because it is not yielding any time to the system software as it runs.
I spent most of the weekend fixing small issues, then transferring the program numerous times to the Macintosh SE using a terminal program. I haven't gotten around to getting the ethernet card working on the SE, or installing a zip drive in the G4.  Huge flash-back to the days of waiting for the modem to download files from a BBS.
The StdCLib from MPW writes stdout and stderr to text files, which works well. Since I haven't set up the UI, I don't have a menu to quit the program, so I have to force-quit it after a while. Unfortunately, the program doesn't actually work correctly even on System 7.1. It looks like it is getting data from the serial port though. Now, the main lwip error I need to get past is: pbuf_alloc: allocated pbuf 0x2FAB00 pbuf_alloc(length=0) == 0x2FAB00 pppos_input[0]: got 35 bytes pppos_input[0]: got 1 bytes pbuf_header: failed as 0xAB12 < 0x2FAB10 (not enough space for new header size) Assertion "pbuf_header failed " failed at line 681 in :lwip-mac:src:netif:ppp:ppp.c pbuf_free(0x2FAB00) pbuf_free: deallocating 0x2FAB00
Nice of lwip to tell me what file and line the failure is on, but I still can't figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment