Saturday, August 17, 2024

RetroChallenge 2024 is Here!

I was really inspired by avretro's MC14500b based RetroChallenge project a few years ago. A line following robot is such a perfect application for the 1-bit processor. I was so inspired that I think I will work on a similar project: a Halloween themed MC14000b based line following robot. Unlike avretro, I will try to stick to era-correct main components to get it working and hopefully keep it quite simple.

If I manage to complete that, I also want to get my recently acquired Motorola MicroModule O1A2 working with at least a debugger and figure out a serial connection to my Elenco 6802D5 (rebranded MEK6802D5).

A ghost with a processor controlling it [Bing co-pilot is obviously unfamiliar with the data bus width of the MC14500b]

No comments:

Post a Comment