Friday, October 7, 2022

Games Day...

Day 6:

I mostly played MC-10 games from Jim Gerrie's TRS-80 MC-10 Files repository. So much stuff in there! Unfortunately Google Drive reports a lot of errors when trying to play the files online. It often forces me to download the cassette audio file which is annoying, but it pretty much works. I played a game "rocket" which is basically an Apollo lunar lander simulator. I spent so much time trying to land and win the game... I finally did it though!

I have to give it up for Jim Gerrie who keeps all of this archived, and ported or wrote many of the games. So much fun, even with 4K of RAM still!

On that note, I have been thinking of the best route to upgrade this little MC-10. There are a lot of good semi-commercial options out there, but I think I will go for something far more ridiculous and excessive. If you follow my blog, you probably have some idea of what I am thinking. I am working out some schematics to figure out the best way to do the upgrade from only the expansion port. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment