Friday, October 4, 2024

Day 4: Spinning My Wheels

Spinning My Wheels... and that's a good thing! I had some time this morning before work to grind off the ends of the motor mount screws. They are still fairly close to the ground contact, but there's no way they will touch. Even if they do it's not a huge deal. I found that a 5 position Molex KK 2.54/.100 housing fits nicely across the TO-3 voltage regulator's terminals. So, I wired up a little wire harness to connect a 9V battery to the voltage regulator, then directly to the motors.

Close-up of the Molex connector and shortened screw.

It seems one of the motors needs to be connected backwards so it will go straight!

video of small wheeled spinning around with a 9V battery swinging off the side

That thing flying around the side is the 9V battery hanging on for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment