I couldn't wait any longer! I dusted off my Macs and booted them all up to make sure I wouldn't spend the whole month fixing hardware. They all work!
Basically, I will be using a PowerMac G4 to do the software development and the Macintosh SE for initial testing. I decided to do testing on the Mac SE for a few reasons:
- faster serial ports for data transfer;
- ethernet card installed (broken?);
- MacTCP and FreePPP installed for comparison testing;
- SCSI port and a harddrive;
- more robust System software (System 7.1);
- same Motorola 68k processor as the 128K.