Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pre RetroChallenge Spending Spree

Macintosh Floppy Emu
Hakko FX888D
Original AirPort Card
To satiate my excitement for the upcoming RetroChallenge, I have resorted to buying stuff for my computers. The idea of my 400k floppy disk drive grinding away every time the web server had a hit concerned me, so I reserved a Macintosh Floppy Emu floppy and hard disk drive emulator for vintage Macs. A new batch is expected mid January.

While browsing around that website, I noticed a review for a Bus Pirate interface. I remember seeing these on hackaday a while ago, but I didn't realize you could buy them on ebay now. So, I got one.

Since I need to do some soldering on the original Macintosh, I decided that the dollar store soldering iron wasn't good enough, so I splurged on a Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station.

I bought a $3 Airport card for my G4, just for the heck of it.

Because my Inside Macintosh book made for some interesting reading, I bought the Apple publication Designing Cards and Drivers for the Macintosh Family.

RetroChallenge, please come quickly before I spend all of my Christmas money!

No comments:

Post a Comment