Friday, January 8, 2016

Watched Jobs (movie)

For my first RetroChallenge task, I found the movie "Jobs" on Netflix tonight, so rather than be productive, I watched all of it.

Ashton Kutcher was decent. Other than the original Apple, there was not much screen time for Apple technology. The period cars are great - 70's Volvos, Mercedes, Pintos, Camaros, Corvettes, Triumph TR-7.

It was interesting to see the portrayal of Steve Jobs' perfectionism and how unique his personality was in the computer industry. I was surprised at the cold portrayal of relationships between Jobs and Steve Wozniak and Jobs and CEO John Sculley. I think the general tone seemed to portray Jobs as a victim of getting his company stolen from him. Steve Jobs definitely seemed to mellow with age from poor team manager to brilliant CEO.

Not a great movie, but not bad. Worth watching for free on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment