I bought the adapter I needed to convert from the mono headphone jack on the TS1000 to the RCA/phono jack on my iGrabber USB audio/video capture device, and then I promptly lost it before I could get it home. I borrowed another one and was finally able to get everything hooked up to my satisfaction. After a lot of experimentation I figured out a setup that gave me reliable results on my MacBook Air. I used Audacity to record and playback the audio clips.
- On the TS1000, input SAVE "X"
- In Audacity, record with the "Input Volume" at 1.0 (max)
- Select the clip and use the "Amplify" effect with a setting of 40dB. This gives a "New Peak Amplitude" of about -10.8 dB. (How can you have negative dB?)
- On the TS1000, input LOAD "X"
- Back in Audacity, play back at 1.0 "Output Volume" (max) and full system volume.
Finally I can start writing an actual program!